Questions are the backbone of any sales presentation. They assist you in many different ways.
- allow you to avoid arguments.
- limit talking too much (also known as "spray and pray").
- help you help your customer - by clarifying the customer's needs.
- let your customers come up with their own ideas.
- reveal important information that you will need for the close.
- help you build bonds of trust with the customer and develop mutual respect.
Remember, questions provide information. Information is power.
For more on this topic, try the book below.